Job opening: Research Technician position in Amsterdam
Developing the next generation of vaccines and immunotherapeutics
Abera Bioscience AB is a young biotech company that develops bacterial-based platforms for delivery of vaccines and drugs (https://aberabio.com). Together with partners in industry and academia we currently focus on vaccines against pneumococcal disease and chlamydia and immunotherapies for cancer. For our R&D lab located at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam, we are looking for a skilled and enthousiastic Research Technician to participate in our development projects.
- Contribute to the daily management of our R&D laboratory
- Support our scientists in development projects
- Produce prototype vaccines
- Instruct and support internship students
- A qualification in laboratory skills, i.e. Hoger Laboratorium Onderwijs or equivalent
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with microbiology and molecular biology techniques (cloning, protein expression, purification and analysis techniques)
- Experience with mamalian tissue cultures is preferred
- Communication, organization and social skills
- Competence in speaking and writing English
- Team player with the ability to work independently
We offer a challenging position at the interface of industry (Abera) and academia (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam). We offer a competitive salary that reflects your knowledge and experience. The initial employment contract period will be 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
For further information, please contact our CSO Dr. Joen Luirink (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to apply
Applicants are requested to write a letter, in which they describe their abilities and motivation, accompanied by their curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of at least two referees. Applications should be sent by e-mail to Dr. Joen Luirink (email@example.com) and will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.